APLS has created the Makerspace to offer new and cutting edge technology to the community! Library visitors can flex their creative muscle while learning about the technology of today and tomorrow.
STEM-ACE (after school club)
Join the Makerspace After School Club, as we travel around the world to discover the greatest works of art, culture, architecture and science! This is an 8 week hands-on club. Each child will design a piece of art that will be displayed at the end of the session!
Stop in or sign up online! Starting up Aug. 28.
The Adobe Creative Cloud Suite is the Premier software for Graphic Designers, Photographers, and more. Scan then edit almost anything you have!
- Photoshop—Image editing & compositing
- Lightroom—Digital photo processing and editing
- Illustrator—Vector graphics and illustration
- InDesign—Page design for print and digital publishing
- Premiere Pro—Video production and editing
- After effects—visual effects/motion graphics
- Animate—formerly Flash
- Adobe Audition—Audio recording, mixing, & restoration
Lots of possibilities to be creative!
VHS to DVD Station
Preserve your old home movies!
Convert them to DVD here.
Gather your photos and make a memorial DVD.
Video editing abilities include the ability to add music, cut frames or sections out of movies, and combine home movies into one
Design your own creation to 3D print.
Simple, online 3D design is intuitive for beginners and detailed enough for advanced users. NO design experience is required
AND you don’t need to know CAD. Make and print awesome 3D models.
Used by designers, hobbyists,
teachers, and kids.
Cut, write and score with one machine!
Unlimited Cricut Access includes
Over 30,000 images - Over 1,000 MakeItNow
Projects - 370 fonts
You can use paper, cardstock, vinyl,
Iron-ons, fabric, & posterboard.
Bring in your own cartridges to use too.
Use the Cricut Design Space to
Create what is on your mind.
The DIY possibilities are endless!
Much of the new equipment and software is made available by the following sponsors:
- Platinum Sponsors: Porter Family Foundation, Wal-Mart Community Grant, Decatur Rotary Club
- Silver Sponsors: Adams County Community Foundation, Friends of the Decatur Public Library
Sponsorships help make additional equipment available and are very much appreciated. If interested in becoming a sponsor, contact Director Kelly Ehinger.