APLS has created the Makerspace to offer new and cutting edge technology to the community! Library visitors can flex their creative muscle while learning about the technology of today and tomorrow.
The Makerspace will now be open ALL week during normal library operating hours. Also watch for new, upcoming events featuring the Makerspace and using your creativity.
The Adobe Creative Cloud Suite is the Premier software for Graphic Designers, Photographers, and more. Scan then edit almost anything you have!
- Photoshop—Image editing & compositing
- Lightroom—Digital photo processing and editing
- Illustrator—Vector graphics and illustration
- InDesign—Page design for print and digital publishing
- Premiere Pro—Video production and editing
- After effects—visual effects/motion graphics
- Animate—formerly Flash
- Adobe Audition—Audio recording, mixing, & restoration
Lots of possibilities to be creative!
VHS or 8mm to DVD Station
Preserve your old home movies!
Convert them to DVD here.
Gather your photos and make a memorial DVD.
Video editing abilities include the ability to add music, cut frames or sections out of movies, and combine home movies into one
Design your own creation to 3D print.
Simple, online 3D design is intuitive for beginners and detailed enough for advanced users. NO design experience is required
AND you don’t need to know CAD. Make and print awesome 3D models.
Used by designers, hobbyists,
teachers, and kids.
Cut, write and score with one machine!
Unlimited Cricut Access includes
Over 30,000 images - Over 1,000 MakeItNow
Projects - 370 fonts
You can use paper, cardstock, vinyl,
Iron-ons, fabric, & posterboard.
Bring in your own cartridges to use too.
Use the Cricut Design Space to
Create what is on your mind.
The DIY possibilities are endless!
Much of the new equipment and software is made available by the following sponsors:
- Platinum Sponsors: Porter Family Foundation, Wal-Mart Community Grant, Decatur Rotary Club
- Silver Sponsors: Adams County Community Foundation, Friends of the Decatur Public Library
Sponsorships help make additional equipment available and are very much appreciated. If interested in becoming a sponsor, contact Director Kelly Ehinger.